Got the semester planned

The coming semester is very nailed down now. (You can follow the Course Content link on the left to get the complete details.)

Every semester is a challenge because the calendar moves around (Thanksgiving in the Fall and Easter in the Spring are never in the same place as last year) and because college requirements change. One thing I have never quite understood is why the Academic Integrity Policy, which is foundational to a lot of our work, needs a completely different web address every couple of years. I can understand adding new rules, for example concerning Artificial Intelligence, but why put it in a dfferent place? Anyhow, I think I caught them all. If you click on a link and it doesn’t work, go to our syllabus for the real rules.

I am looking forward to the semester. As always, the stress in 102 will be on research and critical thinking—and that is where the real enjoyment lies. I have said it before: start a notebook and start throwing ideas around for the big paper. Some of them, of course, will be misfires, but you need to do it anyway so you can got to the real gems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to English 102

Handwriting #4: In-Class Essays

Handwriting #1: Why we are doing this